PS3 Break 2 User GuidePosted by gamekool admin
PS3 Break 2 (PB2) is released by PB team that can break your ps3, it allows you to play the latest and most popular PS3 games
which require 3.6+or 3.7+ PS3 firmware.
Let’s take a look at PB2 official features:
• Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
• Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
• Does not require the power/eject trick
• Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when PB2 is not inserted
• Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
• Durable and high quality plastic case design
• Tough and durable plastic packaging
• Further features to be added as they are developed
• On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
• Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, PB2 cannot downgrade a console)
• Supports all regions of consoles
• Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
• Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timings
How to use the PB2?
Before using it, you need to dowload the v3.55 dongle custom firmware onto your ps3.
(If your ps3 version is higher than v3.55, you must downgrade your ps3 to 3.55 with a E3 flasher first)
after that you will get the “PB2-3.55-CFW.zip”, then following these steps:
Step1: Obtain a USB storage device, such as a USB HDD or USB flash memory stick
Step2: Creat a folder on the storage device in which to save the update file. Using a PC, creat a folder named “PS3″
on the storage device. Within the PS3 folder, creat a folder named “UPDATE”
Step3: Copy the PS3UPDATE.PUP file to the “UPDATE” folder created in Step2. Thus, you will have this path structure
on your USB storage device: \PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDATE.PUP
Step4: Boot your PS3 and insert the USB storage device into the PS3.
Step5: From the home menu, select (senttings) ->(system update)->(update via storage media)
Step6: The PS3 will notify you that the “3.55- dongle ” update was found. Select OK,
then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update.
Step7: After updating, your PS3 will restart and you now be running the 3.55- dongle custom firmware.
The above steps is just applicable to PS3′s on or below system software v3.55.