How to set up PS3 Break2(PB2)Posted by gamekool admin
As we all know, PB2 is a new product for breaking your ps3 to enjoy the latest and most popular PS3 games
which require 3.6+or 3.7+ PS3 firmware.
Let’s take a look at pb2 official features:• Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
• Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
• Does not require the power/eject trick
• Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when PB2 is not inserted
• Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
• Durable and high quality plastic case design
• Tough and durable plastic packaging
• Further features to be added as they are developed
• On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
• Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, PB2 cannot downgrade a console)
• Supports all regions of consoles
• Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
• Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timings
Well, how to set up the ps3 break2?
First, you need to make sure the version of your PS3 is OFW 3.55. If not, you need to download it on the internet, and then install it on your PS3.
Step1: Download the OFW 3.55 and unzip the file, then you’ll get a file named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”.
Step2: Insert your SD card into the card reader, and connect it with your PC. Create a folder named “PS3” on the boot of your SD card, then create a folder named “UPDATE” in “PS3”. NOTE: all the letters must be capital.
Step3: Put “PS3UPDAT.PUP” in the folder named “UPDATE”.
Step4: Insert your card reader with the SD card into your PS3 and turn it on.
Step5: Choose “Setting’ and then click “system update”, don’t forget to choose “update with storage device”.
Step6: Wait patiently till it completes.
After you install the OFW 3.55 successfully, you can begin to install the CFW for PB2.
Step1: Download the PB2-CFW and unzip the file.
Step2: Put the PS3UPDAT into the folder named UPDATE and replace the OFW.NOTE: The names of the two files are the same, so please don’t confuse them.
Step3: Install it on your PS3; it’s the same way as you install OFW.
Step4: Insert the PB2 onto your PS3, and restart your PS3.
Step5: Choose “game” and then choose the pb2 installing file.Wait patiently.Then, you can enjoy your game.